Since tankless water heaters made its way to the market, they become a preferred choice for most homeowners. And it doesn’t come across as a surprise due to the several benefits it offers over the traditional box storage water heaters.
Should you switch to a tankless water heater? Let’s find out!
Tankless water heater— how does work?
The tankless water heater supplies the water on demand. As the name suggests, it doesn’t have a storage tank like traditional water heaters so the water doesn’t sit around and isn’t heated periodically.
Instead, it heats the water instantaneously and delivers it into the piping system, when needed. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of switching to a tankless hot water heater to help you make an informed decision.
- Availability of hot water all the time. A tankless water heater provides unlimited access to hot water. You don’t run out of hot water as it doesn’t need to store a certain amount of water.
- Long useful life. A tankless water heater comes up to 15 years of warranty and can last for more than a couple of decades. That’s twice the useful life compared to the storage water heater.
- Save space. A tankless water heater is very compact in size and can easily be installed anywhere in the house. It saves a lot of flooring space in your home. Some units can even be installed under cabinets or in a closet.
- Energy efficiency. A tankless water heater only heats the water when needed. Hence, it consumes a very low amount of energy than storage box water heaters.
- Fewer maintenance and repairs. A tankless water heater doesn’t have a storage box, which means no build-up of sediment, corrosion problem, or leakage problems.
- Higher cost. A tankless water heater can cost you more than its box storage counterpart. The difference can be more than 2x, depending on the model and quality.
- Limited water supply at the same time. A tankless water heater cannot provide hot water to more than one location simultaneously. Hence, you might need more than one unit.
It’s fair to say that tankless water heaters provide a multitude of advantages over the box storage water heaters. Unless you have a large household, where multiple people may need access to hot water simultaneously, a tankless water heater is a better option.
That being said, it’s very important to make sure that your new water heater is installed correctly by a professional plumber to enjoy these benefits. If not set up properly, it can cause several problems and lead to costly repairs.
If you live in Fort Worth and searching for a professional plumber to install a new water heater at your home, contact us today! At Pro Serve Plumbing, Our team of experienced and skillful plumbers will carefully install the new water heater at your home within a matter of a few hours. Call us at 817-244-0614 to get started!